Veg lollipop is crispy fried veg balls and everyone likes it especially kids. These balls are known as lollipop because it looks like lollipop candy.
It is a very tasty, delicious, crunchy, soft and healthy starter snack. Veg lollipop is very simple and easy to cook.
You can have veg lollipop at any time of the day. Most people cook veg lollipop for birthday parties and get together at night. You can also take it as an evening snack.
Veg lollipop recipe is an all-time favourite recipe every person in your family will like. Mostly veg lollipops or veggie lollipops are deep-fried but you can also bake or air fry them. Here is the best recipe of veg lollipop.
I have also added a sauce recipe which makes veg lollipop more tasty and delicious. You can also have this delicious veg lollipop with green chutney or tomato ketchup or mayonnaise. You can serve this delicious lollipop veg along with veg fried rice and veg noodles.
Note: I have used cabbage, carrot, green peas and potatoes in this recipe. You can add more Vegetables like grated beetroots,beans, cauliflower etc . Some people also like to add Paneer and cheese.
Some people add red chilli powder, cumin powder, and garam masala to give it Indian taste. You can also add ginger garlic paste if you want.
- Preparation time: 20 minutes
- Cooking time: 15 minutes
- Serving: 10 – 11 persons
Ingredients to make the lollipop recipe veg:
- 1 tbsp ginger garlic paste
- 2 crushed green chillies
- ½ tsp red chilli flakes
- 3 bread slices
- 4 big boiled potatoes
- ½ cup grated cabbage
- ½ cup grated carrots
- ½ cup boiled green peas
- Salt to taste
Method to make the vegetable lollipop recipe:
- Take 4 big potatoes to wash them thoroughly.
- Boil all the potatoes.
- Peel all the potatoes.
- After cooling the potatoes (you may mash it).
- Now take cabbage to wash them thoroughly then grate them, take ½ cup grated cabbage, add grated cabbage to potatoes mixture and mix it well, you can mix it with a spoon or you can mix it with the help of your hands.
- Take one small pan and add 1 cup water and ½ cup green peas then boil it. You can make ginger garlic paste until the green peas are boiling. If you want you may use frozen boiled green peas.
- Add ½ cup grated carrots, ½ cup boiled green peas, 1 tbsp ginger garlic paste, 2 crushed green chillies, you can add more chillies as per your taste, ½ tsp red chilli flakes, salt to taste, mix everything and taste the mixture and adjust the salt.
- Take 3 bread slices to grind them to powder.
- After grinding bread, add these to the mixture these slices of bread act as a binding agent, mix everything well.
- Now take ice cream sticks, make sure you take a long ice cream stick which goes till the end of the lollipop and takes a grip, you can easily get ice cream sticks from grocery shop or stationery shop or you can buy sticks from amazon.
- Apply some oil to your palm and on the plate on which we are keeping these lollipops, make oblong shaped lollipops. The same way we make all the lollipops.
Ingredients to make the batter for veg lollipop recipe:
- 1 tbsp ginger garlic paste
- ½ tsp red chilli powder
- ½ cup all-purpose flour (maida)
- ½ cup cornflour
- Salt to taste
To make the batter for lollipop:
- Take ½ cup all-purpose flour(maida), ½ cup cornflour for crispy batter Instead of cornflour you can also use rice flour or besan.,1tbsp ginger garlic paste, ½ tsp red chilli powder you can use Kashmiri chilli powder as it gives nice red colour, salt as per taste, mix it well now add a little water at a time and make it a batter stir continuously. (don’t make a batter too thin or thick. It should be thick enough to coat the lollipop well)
- Take one lollipop and dip it in batter, you may use a spoon to coat the lollipop well.
- In case the mixture looks pasty or too moist and loose, then add 1 or 2 tablespoons more of the cornflour and mix it well. You can check the taste of the mixture and add more spice powders and salt if required.
Method to fry the lollipop:
- Take one pan to add oil and heat oil on medium flame and now drop lollipop in pan, fry till base turn crisp and it becomes golden from outside. The oil must be hot or else veg lollipops will absorb more oil and can also break in the pan. You may use ice cream sticks as a handle to flip these lollipops, lollipops become handy with the help of ice cream sticks.
- Remove on absorbent paper or kitchen towel paper and serve it with sauce.
Ingredients make the sauce for lollipop:
- 1& ½ tbsp oil.
- 2 tbsp red chilli sauce.
- 1 tsp red chilli powder.
- ¼ cup of water
- 1 tbsp chopped ginger-garlic
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp white vinegar
- A little bit of salt
- 1tbsp cornflour
Method to make the sauce for lollipop:
Add 1 and ½ tbsp oil in kadhai or pan, once it becomes hot add 1 tbsp chopped ginger and garlic,
- 2tbsp chilli sauce then 1 tsp red chilli powder take Kashmiri chilli powder, stir and cook this, now add 1 food cup water, once the water starts boiling add 1 tsp soy sauce, 1 tsp white vinegar, a little bit of salt.
- Take 1 tbsp cornflour and 2 tbsp water mix it well and add this mixture to sauce.
- Continuously stir once it becomes thick and glossy, turn off the flame, coat all lollipop with the help of a spoon.
Now crispy delicious lollipop and yummy sauce is ready to serve J
Arrange the veg lollipops on a tray or platter and Serve veg lollipop hot with sauce or any dip or chutney of your choice like tomato sauce.